10+ things you can do in 5 minutes or less, to look and feel better in person or online!
- Wear a color that makes you happy. A tie or a scarf can turn blah into wow!
- Spray on your favorite fragrance, we have sensory memories, fragrance can make you feel powerful, confident or sensual and sexy. If you don’t have one you can try here if you don’t have one yet, we can find one together. Here https://www.etsy.com/market/personalized_perfume or https://waft.com/
- Where clothes that are appropriate AND comfortable. I can help you here. Remember what your Mother used to say “dress for the job you want, not the one you have” my caveat is that the clothes make you feel fabulous!
- Take a minute to breathe…my personal favorite is box breathing…breathe in for the count of 5, hold for 5, breathe out for 5, hold for 5 and repeat for at least a minute. OR 4-7-8 breating https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324417
- Remind yourself, that people want to like you. And if they don’t, that’s their problem, not yours.
- Have a glass of water, staying hydrated keeps you mind sharp
- Be clear on what you want out of the interaction, as much as we are (mostly) social creatures, there is usually an underlying reason, even if it’s fun and friendly, that we are there, and yes having fun and supporting friends is an underlying reason, and sometimes we need to get out of our own heads and be with the other person. It is always more attractive to be out there with the people, than stuck in your own head.
- Smile even internally, even an internal smile makes you light up
- Make eye contact.
- Be confident, fake it until you make it. Smile head held high, good posture and look people in the eye. Be positive. Be kind.
- Write down 3 things you are for which you are grateful, now
- Acknowledge what is there anxiety, fear of failure, “what will they think of me” all the disempowering conversations in your head and choose something else, you are bigger than those thoughts repeat to yourself “I am enough!” ala Merissa Peer https://iamenough.com/
- Envision yourself being “that” person. Your future, successful, confident self. That is who you are now. Your Imagination is a powerful thing.
- Okay so this isn’t a 5 minute one, but if you do this you won’t need most of the others…
Eat well, Exercise, SLEEP enough and do some sort of mindfulness, acknowledgement, and or gratitude exercise
contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org